Last update: April 17, 2023
1. Grounds For Data Collection
The personal information you disclose to us
We will handle your “Personal Data” which refers to any information that could potentially identify you by reasonable means, in accordance with our contractual obligations towards you for providing our services and products (including any content contained therein), operating our websites and mobile apps, and sending emails to you. This collective term refers to our “Services” and “Websites”. Additionally, we may process your Personal Data to safeguard our legitimate interests and comply with legal and regulatory obligations that we are bound by.
The information we obtain
We gather the following information:
We may ask you to provide Personal Data to provide and improve the Services, to contact or identify you, and to enable you to access certain parts of the Websites.
- Identifiers: We may collect your name, email address, and other information when you sign up for an event or receive our newsletter, send us a message, create an account, or log in to our Services via a social network.
- Payment data: We may collect your payment instrument number and billing information to process your payments for purchases, refunds, returns, or exchanges.
- Polls and surveys: We may collect information about your personal or professional interests, favorites, and opinions about products, programs, and services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: We may collect your IP address and UDID and other information regarding your interaction with our Services and advertisements.
- Geolocation data: We may use information regarding your general location.
We collect data about the use of our Services and the characteristics and activities of users to operate and improve it.
- Technical information: We collect data such as website visits, browser type, and display settings, operating system, device type, session start/stop time, time zone, network connection type, and non-identifiable cookie information.
- Information from third parties: We may receive pseudonymous advertiser identifiers from our business partners to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
Information we receive through
We obtain your Personal Data from various sources, which include:
- Registration information: This pertains to the personal details you voluntarily provide us with in order to create an account or register for our Services, such as your name and email address.
- Communication with us: If you communicate with us through messages or apply to be a content provider/editor, we collect the Personal Data you provided us with.
- Submission of content: We collect your Personal Data when you submit content through our Services.
- Participation in activities: When you participate in our polls, surveys, votes, rankings, quizzes, contests, sweepstakes, games, forums, or express an opinion, we collect your Personal Data.
- Clicking on links: When you click on links that lead to third-party products and/or services offered by business partners we are affiliated with, we receive your Personal Data (please refer to our Terms for more information on this).
- Purchasing products: We collect your Personal Data when you purchase, return, or exchange products offered through our Services.
- Third-party information: We may receive your data from third-party providers such as social networks, traffic analytics vendors, and fraud prevention agencies, who assist us in providing and maintaining our Services. We also receive your data from publishers and advertisers who use our platform and other services.
2. How Do We Use The Data We Collect?
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- Sending marketing and promotional communications: If you have given us permission to do so, we may use the personal information you provide us to send you marketing and promotional communications. You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time by following the instructions provided in the communication or by contacting us directly. More information on your privacy rights can be found in the “What Are Your Privacy Rights?” section below.
- Delivering targeted advertising: We may process your information to create and present personalized content and advertising that is tailored to your interests, location, and other factors. This helps us deliver advertising that is more relevant to you and enhances your overall experience with our Services.
- Identifying usage trends: We may process information about how you use our Services to better understand how they are being used and identify trends that can help us improve them. This information may include your device type, operating system, browser type, IP address, session start/stop times, and other technical information.
- Determining the effectiveness of marketing and promotional campaigns: By processing your information, we can evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional efforts and make adjustments as needed to deliver more relevant and engaging content to our users.
- Saving or protecting an individual’s vital interests: In certain situations, we may process your information to protect an individual’s vital interests, such as to prevent harm or defend against legal claims. This may include sharing information with law enforcement agencies, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary.
3. Who Do We Share Your Personal Data With?
We may share your personal data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. The following are the types of third parties with which we may disclose personal information:
- Affiliate Marketing Programs: We may share your personal information with third-party affiliate marketing programs that provide us with marketing services.
- Ad Networks: We may share your personal information with ad networks that help us to deliver targeted advertising to you.
To protect your personal information, we have agreements in place with our third parties. This means that:
- They are prohibited from using your personal information unless we have given them permission to do so.
- They won’t disclose your private information to anybody other than us.
- They promise to safeguard the information they store on our behalf and keep it for the time frame we specify.
We may also need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers: In conjunction with or during talks of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or purchase of all or a portion of our business by another firm, we may disclose or transfer your information.
- Affiliates: In the event that we disclose your information with one of our affiliates, we will demand that they abide by the terms of this privacy notice. Affiliates are any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other businesses that we control or that have a shared control structure with us. They also include our parent company.
- Business Partners: In order to provide you with certain products, services, or promotions, we may share your information with our business partners.
In summary, we may share your personal information with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents to perform services on our behalf, and we have agreements in place to protect your personal information. We may also share your personal information with affiliate marketing programs, ad networks, business partners, or in the event of a business transfer.
4. What Is Our Stance On Third-Party Websites?
Within the Services, there may be advertisements from third-party entities that we are not affiliated with. These advertisements may contain links to other websites, online services, or mobile apps, which we have no control over. Consequently, we cannot assure you of the actions or outcomes of these third-party entities and will not be held responsible for any harm or damage resulting from their use.
The presence of a link to a third-party website, service, or application does not indicate our endorsement. We are not responsible for the security and privacy of information that you provide to third parties. It’s important to note that this privacy notice does not cover any data collected by third parties. Any third-party websites, services, or apps that may be connected to or through the Services have their own policies and security practices, which are not under our control. To find out more about these policies or to get answers to any questions you may have, you should refer to the policies of such third parties and contact them directly.
5. Tracking Technology
When you use our Services, we use various technologies such as pixels, cookies, events, and other tracking technologies to collect information about you, your device, and your online behavior. These technologies may be used by us and third parties that we authorize. Our Cookie Notice provides detailed information about how we use these technologies and how you can opt out of certain cookies. We use these technologies to:
- Automatically collect information about you, your device, and your online behavior.
- Enhance your experience with our Services and improve their performance.
- Conduct analytics to better understand how our Services are used and to customize your experience.
- Merge the information we collect through these tracking technologies with information obtained from other sources, which may result in the creation of Personal Data.
It is important to note that our use of these tracking technologies may result in the collection of your Personal Data. Therefore, we take measures to protect your privacy and provide you with the option to control how your information is collected and used through our Cookie Notice.
6. Rights And Information For Residents Of Specific Jurisdictions
A. EUROPEAN USERS’ RIGHTS
We are obligated to outline the legal reasons we rely on to process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR and UK GDPR. We may use the following legal bases to manage your personal data:
- Consent: We may process your personal information if you have given us explicit permission to do so for a specific purpose. You may revoke your consent at any time.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your information if we believe it is reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business interests, as long as such interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. We may process your personal information for some of the reasons listed below, for instance:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our products and services.
- Develop and display personalized and relevant advertising content for our users.
- Analyze how our Services are used so we can improve them to engage and retain users.
- Support our marketing activities.
- Legal Obligations: We may process your information if we believe it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as cooperating with law enforcement or regulatory agencies, exercising or defending our legal rights, or providing your information as evidence in a lawsuit in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests: We may process your information when it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another party, such as when there are potential risks to anyone’s safety.
To comply with GDPR and UK GDPR, we may use any of the above legal bases for processing your personal information. Additionally, we will inform you of any new purposes for which we intend to process your personal information and seek your consent if necessary.
B. CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS’ RIGHTS
The “Shine The Light” law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) allows California residents to request information about the types of personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. California residents can also request the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared their personal information in the previous year, free of charge and once a year. To make a request, California residents must submit their request in writing to us using the contact information provided.
If you are under 18 years old, a resident of California, and have a registered account with our Services, you have the right to request the removal of any unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request the removal of such data, you must contact us using the contact information provided below and include your email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will ensure that the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please note that it may not be entirely removed from all of our systems, such as backups.
According to the California Code of Regulations, a “resident” is someone residing in California for a reason other than transient or transitory, or a person with their primary place of residence in California who is temporarily visiting another country. If you fall under this definition of “resident,” we have legal obligations and rights regarding your personal information.
What types of personal information do we gather?
Throughout the last twelve (12) months, we have acquired the following types of personal information:
|Contact information, including a person’s true name, alias, mailing address, phone number, or mobile contact number, as well as their Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
|Name, contact details, educational background, occupation, job history, and financial details
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
|Gender and birthdate
|D. Commercial information
|Information about transactions, past purchases, finances, and payments
|E. Biometric information
|Voiceprints and fingerprints
|F. Internet or other similar network activity
|Interactions with our and other websites, applications, services, and adverts, as well as browsing and search history, online activity, interest information, and online behavior
|G. Geolocation data
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
|Photographs, audio, video, or call records made in the course of conducting business
|I. Professional or employment-related information
|To serve you with our Services at a business level, we must have your company contact information. If you apply for a position with us, we must know your job title, work history, and professional credentials.
|J. Education Information
|Student records and directory information
|Inferences are drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
|Any of the above-mentioned personal data that has been gathered is inferred to provide a profile or summary of, say a person’s likes and traits.
We may gather additional personal information apart from the previously mentioned categories when you communicate with us through various channels, such as online, by phone, by mail, or in person. This can occur when you contact our customer support channels to receive assistance. We may also collect personal information when you participate in customer surveys or contests. Additionally, we may obtain personal information to assist in delivering our services and responding to your inquiries.
Access to personal data
Sportssio gathers and distributes your personal information through targeting and marketing cookies and social media cookies.
For additional information on their data gathering and distribution methods, please refer to their privacy notice.
You can contact Sportssio by visiting https://www.sportssio.com/contact or using the contact information given at the bottom of this document. If you’re having someone else act as your authorized agent to opt-out, they need to submit proof of authorization or your request may be rejected.
Is your information going to be shared with anybody else?
We have formal agreements with service providers which allow us to share your personal information with them for business purposes. These service providers are businesses that process information for profit and do so on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for internal company needs, like conducting research for technology development and testing. Your personal information will not be sold in this situation. In the last twelve months, Sportssio has not sold any personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes.
Categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for a business or commercial purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers such as name, address, phone number, email, and account name.
- Category B: Personal information like education, employment history, and financial details.
- Category C: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as gender or date of birth.
- Category D: Commercial information like transaction details, purchase history, and payment information.
- Category E: Biometric information like fingerprints and voiceprints.
- Category F: Internet and electronic network activity information, such as browsing and search history.
- Category G: Geolocation data, such as device location.
- Category H: Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as images and audio, video, or call recordings.
- Category I: Professional or employment-related information, such as business contact details or job title and work history if you apply for a job with us.
Categories of third parties with whom we share personal information for a business or commercial purpose can be found under the section titled “Who do we share your Personal Data with?” in our privacy notice. We have formal agreements with each service provider and share personal information with them as needed for business purposes. Your personal information may be used for internal company needs like research and development, but it will not be sold.
Your privacy and data protection rights
Right to request deletion of the data — Request to delete
You are entitled to ask us to delete your personal information. However, there are legal exceptions that we must abide by, including protecting the free speech of another user, complying with our legal obligations, or preventing illegal activities. As long as none of these exceptions apply, we will honor your request to delete your personal information.
Right to be informed — Request to know
You have the right to know certain information depending on the circumstances, including:
- Whether we collect and use your personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we collect;
- The purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- Whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- The categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
However, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request according to applicable law.
Non-Discrimination in the Exercise of Consumer Privacy Rights
At Sportssio, we respect your privacy and your rights as a consumer. As such, we want to assure you that we will not retaliate or discriminate against you in any way if you choose to exercise your privacy rights.
You have the right to request access to your personal information, to request that we delete your personal information, and to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We want you to feel comfortable and secure when exercising these rights, and we will not punish you in any way for doing so.
We believe that protecting your privacy is important, and we are committed to upholding your rights as a consumer without any negative consequences or discrimination.
In order to ensure that we are releasing personal information to the correct individual, we have to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you may have. This verification process involves requesting additional information from you to confirm that you are indeed the person whose data we have on file. The information we may ask for could vary based on the type of request you have submitted. For example, we may request specific details that we already have on file to ensure that they match the information you provide in your request. Alternatively, we may reach out to you through a communication channel that you have previously provided to us, such as email or phone. Depending on the circumstances, we may also employ additional security measures to confirm your identity.
We will only use the personal information you provide to confirm your identity or to establish your right to make a request. We will attempt to minimize the amount of additional information we request from you for verification purposes. However, if we are unable to verify your identity using the information we currently have, we may need to request further information to ensure the security and prevention of fraud. As soon as we have confirmed your identity, we will remove any additional information you may have provided for verification purposes.
Other privacy rights
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- You can request correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or outdated, or ask to limit the processing of your information.
- You are allowed to authorize someone to request the CCPA on your behalf. However, we may deny requests from authorized agents who cannot prove that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- You may opt-out of any future sale of your personal information to third parties. We will take action on your opt-out request as soon as possible, but within a maximum of fifteen (15) days from the date of your request submission.
If you want to exercise your privacy rights, you can get in touch with us using the contact information provided at the bottom of this document or by visiting https://www.sportssio.com/contact/. If you have any concerns or complaints about how we handle your personal information, please do not hesitate to let us know. We value your feedback and will do our best to address any issues you may have.
7. How Long We Retain Your Data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless the law requires or authorizes us to keep it for a longer period. We are committed to minimizing the retention time of your personal data, and we will not keep it for more than 90 days for any reason mentioned in this notice unless we have your explicit consent or there are other legitimate reasons that require us to keep it for a longer period.
If we determine that we no longer need to use your personal data for any legitimate business purpose, we will either anonymize it or delete it. If it is not feasible to do so immediately, for example, because your personal data is stored in backup archives, we will take measures to secure and isolate your data from any processing until we can delete it.
Here are the key points to note:
- We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary unless authorized by law.
- The maximum retention period for any reason mentioned in this notice is 90 days unless there are legitimate reasons to keep it for a longer period.
- We will either anonymize or delete your personal information once it is no longer required for legitimate business purposes.
- If it is not feasible to delete your personal information immediately, we will take measures to secure and isolate it until we can delete it.
8. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have taken measures to safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure by implementing administrative, technical, and physical protections. Your data is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access to your information to only those employees or partners who require access to execute the agreement between us.
However, while we endeavor to protect your information and keep it confidential, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You have a responsibility to assist us in preventing unauthorized access to your account by adequately safeguarding your password and restricting access to your account. You are entirely accountable for the confidentiality of your password and account, including any unauthorized use. It is also important to note that transmitting information over the internet carries some level of risk. Despite our efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant its security and privacy, nor can we guarantee the security and privacy of any other content you transmit through the Services. Therefore, you do so at your own risk.
9. Minor Consent
Our Services are designed for users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not intentionally collect personal information from minors under the age of 18, and we do not sell information to them. We take privacy and security seriously and have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data.
Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- By using our Services, you are certifying that you are at least 18 years old or that you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor dependent who is using our Services.
- If we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take immediate action to deactivate the account and remove the information from our files.
- If you are a parent or legal guardian and become aware of any personal information we may have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
- While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and limiting access to your account.
- If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please be aware that this won’t affect processing done on other legal grounds.
- You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link, replying “STOP” or “UNSUBSCRIBE,” or by contacting us using the details provided.
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to remove or reject cookies, but this may affect certain features or services of our Services.
- If you have any questions or comments about your privacy rights, please email us at [email protected].
10. Do-Not-Track Features Controls
Certain web browsers and mobile applications may offer a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting that enables users to signal their preference for not having their online browsing activities monitored or collected. However, there is currently no finalized uniform technology standard for implementing DNT signals. Therefore, Sportssio does not currently respond to these signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted in the future that Sportssio must comply with, they will inform users about that practice in a revised version of the privacy notice.
Here are some key points:
- Some web browsers and mobile applications offer a Do-Not-Track feature that allows users to indicate their preference for not being tracked online.
- There is no standardized technology for implementing DNT signals that have been finalized.
- Sportssio does not currently respond to DNT signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online.
- If a standard for online tracking is adopted in the future, Sportssio will inform users in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. Updates To This Policy
12. Get in Touch With Us
If you have any questions or concerns concerning this notice, please contact us through email at [email protected].
13. How To Check, Update, Or Remove Your Information We Gather From You
If the laws of your country permit, you may request access, modification, or deletion of your personal information that we have collected. To make such a request, you may need to complete a form that enables you to examine, update, or delete your personal information.